Good news, Facebook now has a dating site that is designed to help singles mingle.
With the Facebook dating app, finding meaningful relationships is very easy, as singles can now mingle with other singles in their locations.
The Facebook dating app utilizes things like location, interests, events, and groups to match people. One advantage of the Facebook dating singles app is that it is a free platform, despite all its unique features.
However, to be able to partake in the Facebook dating platform, you have to be 18 and above. Also, since this feature is relatively new for now, it is currently not available in every country.
If you wish to learn more about Facebook dating app, this article will help.
Facebook Dating Singles
Like I mentioned earlier, the Facebook dating app isn’t available in all countries for now.
However, as time goes on, Facebook will release the app for more countries. Hence, Facebook users who are unable to have access to the Facebook dating app, for now, should exercise a little patience, as it will soon be available in their locations.
Facebook Dating App
The Facebook dating app is a free feature that is available to all Facebook users, provided it has been rolled out in your location.
However, it should be noted that the Facebook dating app is just a feature in Facebook, as such, is not a stand-alone app like the messenger app.
You can only access it by downloading the latest version of the Facebook app. And it is only available to mobile app users for Android and iPhone. It is not available on the computer.
- Go to your mobile app store.
- Search and install the latest Facebook app.
- Log in to your Facebook app. (You can sign up to Facebook using the step you will find below titles Facebook Sign Up if you don’t have an account on Facebook yet)
- Tap on the Menu.
- Tap Dating from the option displayed on the menu list.
And your Facebook dating singles app is ready to be used. Operating on the platform is easy.
How Facebook Dating Singles Work
If the Facebook Dating App is accessible to your country, then you must be of age 18 and above to use this service. You just need to like a person’s profile if you are interested in them.
This will notify the users you like them and will be matched with them if they like you back. You can tap on the cancel (X) sign to skip users you are not interested in.
The Facebook dating settings allows you to be matched within your friend’s circle; this can be the friends of your friend.
To be matched with your Facebook friend, you will have to add them to your secret crush list. This list can only accept about 9 of your Facebook friends.
And you will be matched to them once they have added you to theirs too. You can get to use this feature if you have created your Facebook account.
Facebook Sign Up
If you are not yet a member of Facebook, you will need to create an account using the simple step. Creating a Facebook account can be done on the Facebook web or on the mobile app. Facebook account owners can skip this procedure:
- Open the Facebook app or the site at facebook.com.
- Tap on Sign up.
- Fill in the required information.
- You will get to verify the account using a code that will be sent to either your phone number or your email you provided.
- Input a password to protect your account.
- Tap on Sign up.
And your account will be created and you will be redirected to your profile page.
Facebook Dating Sign Up
Now you can create a Facebook dating profile. This procedure can only be done on the Facebook mobile app.
- Get the Facebook mobile app downloaded from the mobile app store.
- Sign in using your Facebook account details.
- Tap on the Menu icon from the top right section of the Facebook page.
- From the options listed, tap on Dating.
- Create your profile by providing information like your gender and location.
- Put in order 12 tiles containing either a photo or an answer to the Facebook Dating questions.
- Upload your photos which can be of maximum 9.
- Edit your match preference next in the Facebook Dating settings.
Then your account will be created and ready for use. Now you just have to tap on the love icon on other singles user profiles to notify interest in them. And also tap on the cancel (X) icon to skip a user you’re not interested in.
That’s all on Facebook dating singles app. I hope this helps.