Here is how to change your Facebook password.
Facebook is a social media platform you use to chat with different people around the world, including family and friends. Also, you get to chat with as many people just as you want to.
Facebook allows you to send messages, videos, and photos and continually get updates. So you need to keep your Facebook account secured by using a password for your account.
You need to know how to set a strong password anytime you want.
Remember, your password should always be kept secret and never be disclosed to anyone.
If, however, you feel that your Facebook password has been compromised, then, by all means, you need to change your Facebook password ASAP.
How to do this and lots more engendered the writing of this article.
How to Change Facebook Password
If you have an account and feel you need to change your Facebook password, the steps are easy to follow. The steps are presented below:
1. If you are already logged in to your Facebook account
- Open up your Facebook page
- Click the down arrow at the top right corner of the page
- Click on settings and privacy
- Below Security, tap Security and login
- After that, click on change password
- Enter your current and new password and re-type the new password
- Then tap Save Changes.
- You can choose to log out and log in again to confirm that the password has successfully changed.
2. If you have logged in but have forgotten your password
To set a new password if you have forgotten your current password, follow the procedure below:
- Click the down arrow at the top right corner of the page.
- After that, tap on settings and privacy.
- Click on Security and log in.
- Then click on “Forgotten Password.”
- Enter your email or mobile number to receive a password reset code.
- Access your email or phone for the unique code to be used within a short time.
- Enter this code in the space provided.
- Enter a new password and confirm it by entering it for the second time.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Congratulations, you have reset your password. Keep your new password safe.
Bear in mind that to reset your password, you’ll need access to the email associated with your account.
3. To reset your password if you’re not logged in to Facebook
If you are logged out of Facebook and have forgotten your password, follow these steps to reset your Facebook password:
- Open up the Facebook app, or click on facebook.com
- Click Forgotten password?.
- Type the email address, mobile phone number, full name or username associated with your account
- Then click Search.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Access your email or phone for the password reset link.
Note: For security reasons, you won’t be able to use the same mobile phone number that you use for two-factor authentication to help you reset your password.
You’ll need to have a different mobile phone number or email address added to your account to reset your password if you ever need to.
Change Your Facebook Password FAQ
Why can’t I update my Facebook password?
Facebook limits the number of times per day that users can ask for a new password in order to safeguard the security of their accounts. You must wait 24 hours after reaching this limit before attempting to reset your password once more.
Can I retrieve my Facebook password without resetting it?
Facebook cannot provide you with a copy of your password without resetting it. You can only update your password in Settings if you’re already signed in
Thank you for reading through this precise guide on changing your Facebook password. Do well to share this information with your loved ones.
If you have any comments, use to comment section to communicate with us. We will respond to you ASAP.
Recommended for you: