Here is all you would want to know about Facebook Payments | Facebook Pay App | Send Money Via Facebook. You have come to the right place. Continue below:
When it comes to payments using the Facebook platform, you don’t have anything to worry about because Facebook has all the security features to make your payment experience both secure and fun. We all know that innovation is actually what is taking Facebook far, right?
What is Facebook Pay?
Facebook Pay is a seamless, secure way to pay on the Facebook app, Messenger app, Whatsapp and Instagram app.
Facebook Pay is a service offered by Facebook Company. The service is currently rolling out in select countries on Facebook and Messenger and will roll out to Instagram and WhatsApp in the future.
Facebook Payments – With Facebook pay, you can now use Facebook to do money transactions between you, your friends and your family using the instant Facebook Messenger and other Facebook apps – Whatsapp, Instagram, Messenger, etc.
Facebook payment is a means of making payments to a third party to get a product or service right on Facebook.
Facebook has also made it possible for its users to link their debit cards to the services for easy transfer of money from one another.
Enter your payment card or account information once and then use Facebook Pay to make purchases, send money or donate within the apps. You can add a PIN or biometrics to secure individual payments.
Facebook Pay is also a way to view payment history, manage payment information and access customer support.
Facebook Pay is currently rolling out in select countries. Facebook Pay will continue to roll out to other apps and countries with the intention of bringing this service to more people over time.
How to Use Facebook Payments System
You can start using Facebook Pay on Facebook, Messenger and Instagram with just a few taps:
- Go to Facebook or Messenger
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap on “Facebook Pay”
- Add your preferred payment method—credit card, debit card, or PayPal (options dependent on product)
- Complete the payment setup.
- For added security, you have the option to create a PIN or use your device biometrics, and you can do so when making a payment where Facebook Pay is available.
If you already have payment methods on file, those payment methods will be available to use with Facebook Pay immediately.
It is imperative to note that you need a Facebook account to set up Facebook Pay on Facebook.
Also, Note: Using Facebook pay to make Facebook payments requires a debit card on both ends of the transaction. Here’s how to get started:
- Go to your Facebook app.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Scroll down and click on Payments.
- Start a chat with the person you want to send money to.
- Tap the “more” icon in the toolbar.
- Tap on Payments again.
- Click on Next to skip the information on your screen.
- Enter an exact amount you wish to send to the person and drop a note that signifies what the payment is for.
- Lastly, click on the Pay button.
How To Request Payment Via Facebook
Also, if you want to request money from your friend, you can:
- Click on request at the top of your screen.
- Enter the amount you want to request.
- State the reason for requesting.
- Click on the Request button to finish up the process.
Note: Bear in mind that using a debit card for your transactions makes it easy for your transactions to be carried out, and it is free.
Unlike PayPal or any other online payment site, Facebook keeps records of all your conversations and payments with your friends in one message box, with the thumb up button as the dollar sign to send money.
To reduce the risk of fake transactions, Facebook now has a rule that enables every Facebook user to enter a PIN or a fingerprint identification system before they can be able to send money to friends and families. This payment can be made using a debit card to handle the transfer of money,
Facebook pay is also a free online payments services offered to you to enable you to make your transactions easier and faster.
Mode of Making Facebook Payments
Making Facebook payments for products or services rendered to you is available in different modes. These payments mode includes:
Whenever you buy a subscription to any app, Facebook bills your funding instrument at the beginning of each subscription period.
Pay close attention to the details of the transactions because your price may include your tax payment, fees payment, and shipping costs.
3. Funding and spending
When you make a payment on Facebook, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument.
Facebook allows you to initiate a transaction using Facebook payments when you have successfully added your funding instrument.
Donate to a charity organization on Facebook or to an individual who uses the features that Facebook made available for raising and collecting funds for personal causes.
There are also other methods of making a payment on Facebook, which include:
- Mobile billing
- Use of stiletto (a prepaid payment)
- Facebook gift cards
- Authorization, etc.
- If you are below 18years, you can only access Facebook payment with the help of your parents or guardians.
- Make sure that you go through the Facebook terms and policies before making a payment to understand and know how Facebook payments work and know your rights and responsibilities.
How is Facebook Pay secure?
Facebook uses advanced technology to keep payment information secure.
Facebook Pay is secured and protected with:
- Anti-fraud technology to monitor purchases on all Facebook systems and detect unauthorized activity.
- Advanced data storage and encryption for payment card and bank account details.
- Notifications when unusual activities on your account are detected.
- You can also add a PIN or use your device biometrics for added security when sending money or making a payment.
- Facebook does not receive or store your device’s biometric information.
Thanks for checking out our post on Facebook Payments | Facebook Pay App | Send Money Via Facebook. I hope you learned something. Please do come back again.
If you enjoyed this article, please use the share button below to share it with your friends.
Just like it’s said, “Sharing is Loving.”
We look forward to hearing from you as to your comments and suggestions.